As they say better later than never. So I am finally sharing with you guys what I got in one of the Pochette de Janette bags. These little surprises always make my day, especially when I am very happy with what I find inside.
Asinerie. I have never tried shampoo with donkey milk, so I am really looking forward to test it out. It supposes to clean and condition the hair and is suitable for all types of hair.
Mauviette Tattoos. Their design is not entirely up my alley, because I do prefer the gold/rose gold or silver ones, but it could be quite fun to try something different, right? I imagine styling these tattoos with a leather jacket or denim jacket to get that edgier look.
Moving on to other items of the pochette, I was intrigued by the Sili'sponge for applying foundation, bb cream and all that jazz. I am very into my Real Technique's sponge, which I find so useful for flawless application, but there always comes a time when you need to change to a new one, so I will give a try to this silicone sponge. I'll let you know!
There were few more items in this pochette like magnet from National Museum of History and Art in Luxembourg, also a voucher of 25 euros at Mea Culpa in Bascharage.
Favourite Scented Candles for Winter
I am a huge fan of candles, especially in winter time. There is no evening at my home without few candles burning. It feels cosier and warmer that way. I also have a slight addiction to various candle holders, if I spot something nice, I need to get it, because I like to change the decor from time to time and candles and their holders are a great way to do so. My favourite candles are scented ones. The ones that fill the whole room and apartment with their scent. I don't like candles that smell good only when you put your nose close, but when you burn there is no fragrance at all.. So I thought why not to share few of my favourite scented candles with you. These are a little bit on a pricey side, but I prefer to buy one good scented candle and enjoy, appreciate it for a long time than ten cheap candles that don't last and don't spread any scent.. You get the idea! So let's get started!
ARCHIPELAGO BOTANICALS is one of my most favourite candles brands. They use soy wax for each candle. Black orchid scent is really powerful and smells heavenly when you enter the room. It's what I love about this candle.
Another Archipelago candle Cotes de Rhone. It's my second jar, I just needed to rebuy it, that's how I like it. This is a huge candle, meaning it burns for around 100 hours. It's more on a sweet and warm note, but at the same time also very powerful: fills 40 square meters room easily with a strong fragrance.
Another American pure soy candle brand KOBO. Beautiful packaging with light, not overpowering scents. D'anjou Lychee is a sweet scent mixed with jasmine, a hint of sandalwood and of course lychee. It burns 80 hours. I almost finished this candle, which makes me sad, but I will be definitely reusing this beautiful jar for my bathroom, for example, for the cotton pads..
Last, but not the least is french brand HYPSEO. I have their candle holder and two candles. First one is Thé Noir, which is almost over and the second, newest candle is The Bourbon. Both fragrances are more on a sweet side (favourite) and fill room with a light, not too aggressive scent compared to Archipelago ones.
All Lithuanians can find these candles in the Candelaria Home Fragrances Boutique.
So these are my most burned candles at the moment. Do you have your favourite candles? Share it with me!!
My Style 2016
Happy New Year! I hope you had a great time during all festivities. I did and I am sad that everything is already over... Looking back into 2016, I am not sure if it was my best year, it was just okay, but I hope 2017 will be better and more fun. At least, I will try to do my best! The best thing what happened last year was our dog - English Cocker Spaniel, who we called Bambou. He brought a lot of joy in our every day life. It's crazy how dogs can be so happy and excited to see you every time. I know he hasn't made an appearance on the blog yet, but he does from time to time on my Instagram page.
Speaking about the outfits. Well, in 2016, there was a lot of grey, blue, black and white. My favourite colours. I didn't experiment a lot of with my style, I tended to stick with basics and casual most of the time, but this year I decided to challenge myself and experiment a little bit more. Fashion should be fun, and I guess in 2016 I forgot it a bit. I also noticed that I posted less outfit posts last year, so one of my blog related goals for 2017 is to create more 'My style' articles and to improve their quality, maybe change a little bit the presentation or at least improve my posing skills (I am speaking about my favourite 'right hand touching my hair' pose :)) So to start a new year, I gathered all my style articles in this post.
Wish you all the best for 2017! Let's be strong, let's be more confident and let's stress less! I will leave you now with one of my favourite quotations:
live! live the wonderful life that is in you! let nothing be lost upon you! be always searching for new sensation! be afraid of nothing!
the picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde
Hazelnut Cookies with Milk Chocolate
Let's face it, December is the month when the holiday baking fever begins, right? Maybe the festivities approaching or simply colder temperatures make me want to turn on my oven and bake some goodies. Besides, it makes a great additional gift for friends (only if you don't eat what you bake all by yourself before it's time to give presents:)) And it can happen sometimes... Today I am sharing delicious toasted hazelnut cookies recipe. They melt easily in your mouth, but at the same time they are crunchy, because of the shortbread cookie dough. I always go for a simple recipe with a tasty outcome. So ladies, put your aprons on, heat the oven and start mixing ingredients to have these slice n' bake cookies!
Pripažinkime, kad gruodžio mėnuo yra tikriausias kepinių karštinės metas. Ar artėjančios šventės, o gal tiesiog šaltukas spaudžiantis lauke mane pastumia į virtuvę pasiraitoti rankoves, kaisti orkaitę ir paskleisti kepinių aromatą po namus. Ne tik skanėstai pačiai prie arbatos, bet kartu ir puiki mažytė papildoma dovanėlė draugams. Žinoma, jei nesuvalgai tų gardėsių anksčiau nei ateina laikas dovanoti :)) O juk taip kartais nutinka.. Šiandien dalinuosi su jumis labai skanių, traškių, bet kartu burnoje tirpstančių sausainių su lazdyno riešutais ir pieniško šokolado glajumi receptu. Labai lengvai pagaminami, o tokie skanūs! Tad merginos, juosiamės prijuostes, kaičiam orkaitę ir maišom ingredientus šiems skanuoliams pasigaminti!
Sally's baking addiction
3/4 cup (170g) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
2/3 cup (133g) brown sugar
1 large egg, at room temperature
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 cups (250g) all purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup (120g) toasted and finely chopped hazelnuts
150g milk chocolate ( or if you prefer dark chocolate, or white, it's your decision)
- In a large bowl using a mixer, beat the butter until completely smooth and creamy. Add the brown sugar and beat on high speed until fluffy and creamy. Beat in egg and vanilla extract on high speed. Scrape down the sides and bottom of the bowl as needed, and continue to beat until fully combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the flour, cinnamon, and salt together until combined. On low speed, slowly mix into the wet ingredients until combined. The cookie dough will be thick and slightly sticky. Beat in 3/4 cup chopped hazelnuts. Turn the dough out onto a floured work surface and, with floured hands, divide in two. Shape each half into the desired size and tightly wrap them in plastic wrap and chill in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Slice logs into equally thick cookies and place them on baking sheets. Bake in a preheated oven to 180°C for around 10-14 minutes or until brown around edges. Allow to cool for few minutes on a cookie sheet, then transfer to the cooling rack to cool completely.
- Melt the chopped milk chocolate. Dip each completely cooled cookie halfway into the chocolate and place onto parchment or cooling rack. Sprinkle with remaining chopped hazelnuts. Let the chocolate to set.
Sally's baking addiction
3/4 puodeliai (170g) nesūdyto sviesto kambario temperatūros
2/3 puodeliai (133g) rudojo cukraus
1 didelis kiaušinis kambario temperatūros
1 arbt.š. grynos vanilės ekstrakto
2 puodeliai (250g) miltų
1/2 arbt.š. malto cinamono
1/4 arbt.š. druskos
1 puodelis (120g) kepintų ir smulkiai sukapotų lazdyno riešutų
150g pieniško šokolado (ar juodojo šokolado, arba baltojo, pasirinkite tą, kurį labiau mėgstate)
- Dideliame dubenyje išplakite minkštą sviestą elektriniu mikseriu iki vientisos ir kreminės masės. Suberkite rudąjį cukrų ir naudojant didelį greitį toliau plakite iki purumo. Įmuškite kiaušinį ir įpilkite vanilės ekstraktą ir viską gerai išplakite iki vientisos masės.
- Kitame dubenyje, sumaišykite miltus, cinamoną ir druską. Dalimis berkite mišinį į sviesto masę ir išmaišykite elektriniu mikseriu. Tešla gausis tiršta ir šiek tiek limpanti. Suberkite 3/4 puodelio lazdyno riešutų ir viską gerai išmaišykite.
- Dėkite tešlą ant miltuoto darbinio paviršiaus ir padalinkite į dvi lygias dalis ir iš kiekvienos suformuokite vienodo dydžio ir ilgio ritinėlius. Šiuos suvyniokite į maistinę plėvelę ir dėkite į šaldytuvą mažiausiai 4 valandoms ar per visą naktį.
- Kiekvieną ritinėlį supjaustykite į lygias dalis ( tai darykite pagal save, priklausomai ar norite storesnių ar plonesnių sausainiukų) ir sudėkite į kepimo popieriumi išklotą skardą. Kepkite 180°C įkaitintoje orkaitėje apie 10-14 minučių arba kol sausainių krašteliai lengvai paruduoja. Leiskite atvėsti kepimo skardoje keletą minučių, po to perkelkite ant grotelių pilnam atvėsimui.
- Išlydikite pienišką šokoladą vandens vonelėje. Merkite kiekvieną sausainį maždaug iki pusės ar mažiau į šokoladą ir dėkite ant kepimo popieriaus ar grotelių. Pabarstykite sausainius likusiais smulkintais lazdyno riešutais ir leiskite šokoladui sustingti.
My New Beauty Favourites
Happy December everyone! I am very excited about the upcoming festivities. We decorated our Christmas tree this weekend while listening to Michael Bublé Christmas album (cliché) and we have already put some presents underneath. I also put few Christmas decorations in all rooms, so we feel really festive right now and I couldn't be happier. For this occasion (getting festive occasion :)) I also decided to treat myself with two new beauty things that I've been wanting to try for a long time now.
Sveikinu visus su atėjusiu gruodžio mėnesiu. Aš labai džiaugiuosi artėjančiomis šventėmis ir laukiu nesulaukiu jų. O kad pilnai įsijaustume į šventinį laukimą, tai šį savaitgalį pasipuošėme eglutę, žinoma, besiklausant Michael Bublé Kalėdinio albumo (klišių klišė) ir netgi pastūmėmė keletą dovanėlių po eglute. Šiek tiek padekoravau ir visus likusius kambarius, tad mes jau esame visiškai šventiškai nusiteikę, kuo labai labai džiaugiuosi. Ta proga (tiesiog švenčių laukimo proga :)) nusprendžiau pasidovanoti dvi dovanėles, kurių jau norėjau kuris laikas. Apie ką aš čia kalbu, skaitykite žemiau.
THE BALM MARY-LOU MANIZER highlighter. I have to make a tiny confession here. It's my very first highlighter, can you imagine?? A little bit shocking, right? Who doesn't have a highlighter? I guess I was one of the few ones. Anyways, I've been meaning to buy a highlighter for some time, but I've been hesitating between few different brands and as I found the highlighter a product that you will use for a long time, I took it seriously to choose the right one. Finally I went for a popular Mary Lou highlighter and oh boy, I did the right choice! It's my new addiction, I apply it every day and I am loving it. If you have any other favorite highlighters, I would love to hear it, because I am thinking about getting a second one soon :))
THE REAL TECHNIQUES sponge. I am very late to this sponge train, but most of the time I was using the brush to apply my foundation or sometimes I would blend it simply with my fingers. The thing is that lately I've been struggling to get a flawless result, so for this reason I decided to try a sponge from the Real Techniques, which also had 20% discount, so I found it a good moment to try. Oh my god, where have I been all this time?? After using few times I fell in love with this magical orange sponge. It's very easy to use and the most important thing is that this sponge gives you a flawless and natural look. No kidding. I haven't tried the original Beauty Blender to compare them, but apparently the latter works even better. Anyway, I am really happy that I changed my foundation brush to this sponge from Real Techniques.
So here they are my two new beauty addictions. I should have bought them way sooner. Only if I knew how great they were.